Kerala Mutta Roast
Kerala Mutta Roast- a simple dish made with simple ingredients but the product is nothing short of mind-blowing. Nihal has been talking about his childhood food experiences (in Kerala) and it reached a point that we had to do this for him. I planned to put up the recipe last week but was caught up with day-to-day chores. It was only after Thouseef pinged me on fb messenger that I decided to not delay it anymore. So, here you go guys!!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 2 big onions (julienne)
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3/4 – 1 tsp Everest Chicken Masala
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle of sugar
- Boil the eggs… need to be hard boiled. Once they are boiled, unshell and set them aside.
- Poke the eggs with a fork because this will help them adsorb the masala
- In a vessel, heat some oil; once hot, add the mustard seeds.
- When they start to splutter, add the curry leaves and saute.
- Add the onion julienne and sprinkle a little salt- this way the onions caramelise and does not burn.
- Once the onions are caramelised, add the ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw aroma disappears.
- Now add the tomatoes, the spices and let this cook (in low flame) till the oil separates.
- Sprinkle a little bit sugar and saute.
- Add the salt and saute.
- Add 1/4th cup of water and then add the eggs and cook for a bit- more like how you see in the above picture.
- There you go.. Kerala Mutta Roast is ready!!